Ryan & Wetmore, PC
Who We Are
Ryan & Wetmore is a full-service accounting, tax, and management consulting firm, servicing the Metropolitan Washington, DC, area since 1988. We provide a proactive approach with our clients and staff in our traditional and non-traditional consulting services.
We work hard to earn our clients’ confidence by encouraging open communication year-round. Through our numerous consulting engagements, we have become trusted business advisors. We do this by balancing our objectives of keeping an unbiased perspective and being our clients’ advocate. This approach has enabled us to help clients become more efficient, more competitive, and, therefore, more profitable.
Our employees are given the autonomy and trust to work on deadline-driven client deliverables independently while sharing close relationships with their supervisors. At Ryan & Wetmore, we believe that we can only be our greatest if our team is equipped with the best tools, content with their work environment, and energized to excel.
About The Role
We are looking for a Talent Coordinator for employee acquisition and retention to join our team. The ideal candidate will work directly with upper management and the marketing team to accomplish goals regarding talent acquisition/retention and promotion of our corporate culture.
In this role you will conduct full life cycle recruiting, including researching and executing tactical sourcing, thorough screening and qualifying of candidates, coordinating interviews, and closing candidates while ensuring an excellent candidate experience. As part of our continued success and growth, we are looking for a resourceful, motivated, autonomous coordinator to support our team. Coordinator must consistently create and execute successful recruiting strategies to provide a well-qualified and cleared candidate pool.
The chosen candidate will also work heavily to support our marketing efforts for both retention and acquisition. Marketing efforts will enhance retention and recruitment via social media and other media formats. This candidate should be extremely comfortable with research and copywriting across different platforms and mediums. Coordinator will also be involved in coordinating corporate activities that support the culture of the firm.
Talent Acquisition and Retention Responsbilities:
Direct recruiting and retention maintenance:
- Actively source candidates utilizing all available resources including, but not limited to internal employees, sourcing teams, external job boards, and community outreach.
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions by placing ads, screening resumes, conducting/scheduling interviews, scheduling applicants, and hiring final candidates.
- Craft and communicate external recruiting strategies that target key communities and provide timely updates to managers.
- Participate in college and accounting community job fairs, organizations, and networks. Represent the Company in community activities to ensure that companies and individuals are aware of the Company's personnel needs.
- Submit daily / weekly recruiting reports to internal leadership team.
- Maintain candidate application files, applicant tracking system, and candidate contact history.
- Innovate on ways to build a talent pipeline and recruit in a variety of venues.
- Coordinate, plan and execute team building activities for current employees.
- Contact new hires to communicate offers and deliver first day information; paperwork they will need to fill out, determine start date, etc. Relay information back to partners.
- Meet with new hires at their home-base (Vienna, VA, Bethesda, MD, and Frederick, MD) to administer trainings and equipment with assistance from IT. Setup new hire paperwork and review I9s in coordination with partner of the firm.
- Regularly communicate with partners and managers to ensure success of new hire.
- Conduct regular check-ins with new hires during their first few weeks of employment.
- Deliver training to new employees in the following areas: overview of the organization, login instructions, basic IT support and help with navigating R&W software and practices.
Social Media and Marketing Responsibilities:
- Write appropriate content as assigned and needed. This may include website content, emails, newsletters, social media posts, whitepapers, etc.
- Make changes to writing as needed for clarity, to correct mistakes, to better match tone/vision/branding of the firm.
- Collaborating with marketing department to brainstorm and develop a variety of marketing materials.
- Work closely with management to write, review, and provide input on all social media content to enhance our social media presence.
- Learn and adhere to brand guidelines and write in the brand voice.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- 0-3 years recruitment experience
- Additional experience with onboarding, human resources and marketing preferred but not required.
- Ability to work in-person and remotely, travel to job fairs, and travel between our DMV offices with advanced notice.
- Clear understanding of the end-to-end recruitment lifecycle processes.
- Previous experience using Microsoft office suite
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, read/comprehend detailed instructions, and process information with accuracy and clarity.
- BA or BS Degree
- Desire to learn and take initiative for learning areas outside of major
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be comfortable and confident speaking and writing to an array of individuals and organizations.
- Salary based on experience $ 53,000 - $ 60,000
Frequently asked questions:
What current placements do you offer?
Currently, we offer Accounting Internship and Marketing Internship positions, however always be on the lookout for additional opportunities.
As an Accounting Intern, what will I do?
As a Marketing Intern, what will I do?
How long do the internships last?
Internship contracts start with a 3-month (semester-long) commitment, however, can be extended for candidates who express interest. Many interns choose to stay on as interns until they graduate from their undergraduate degree, and move into Jr. Staff or Staff Accountant positions.
What will my schedule look like?
When you become an intern at R&W we will ask for your availability. Our goal is to make it a flexible opportunity for you that surrounds your school and extracurricular schedule. Our core hours are Monday-Friday 9 AM-4 PM, so generally, there will be overlap with these times.
When do internships start?
Internships generally align with university semester schedules (Fall, Spring, and Summer start dates). However, these dates can be flexible to match your needs!
Where can I intern?
Internship placements can be based out of our 3 office locations; Bethesda, MD, Frederick, MD, and Vienna, VA.
How many hours will I put in?
Interns generally work between 25-29 hours per week. Your hours might look different if you have a midterm, final, or soccer game coming up. We are here to support you at school and in the office.
What are the benefits of interning at Ryan & Wetmore
Assistance, mentorship, career pathway into accounting (Accounting Intern -> Jr. Staff Accountant -> Staff Accountant), networking, opportunities, software training, Invitations to lunch with great coworkers, and free coffee in the office