Ryan & Wetmore is seeking a Senior Accountant in all Bethesda, Frederick & Vienna offices. The firm offers competitive benefits, growth opportunities and a great team environment.
Senior Staff Accountants serve clients by
- Applying strong technical tax accounting knowledge of partnerships, corporations, s-corporations on consulting and compliance engagements
- Assuming tax-planning responsibilities for federal and individual clients, participate in complex tax research projects for clients, and research a wide range of tax issues related to business transactions for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Preparing and reviewing of tax returns
- Participating in the tax planning and consultation process for clients
- Assisting Managers in identifying and researching various client issues, and communicate regularly with clients and upper firm management
- Providing recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client’s operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Researching and consulting on various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries when requested, make recommendations to the client for consideration.
- Mentoring Staff Accountants and interns
- Supervising and leading the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluating performance on client engagements.
- Participating in professional development activities, including training sessions and networking events
- Assisting the recruiting team on an as needed basis with campus visits and in-office interviews
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- Confidentiality of Firm and client information is critical.
- 3 – 5 years of public accounting experience
- Active CPA preferred; CPA candidate (150 credits to sit for the CPA exam) is required
- Degree in Accounting or related field required
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong accounting, analytical, technical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent presentation and communication abilities
- Prior basic supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to effectively delegate work as needed
- Willingness to travel locally (DC/MD/VA) on a limited basis
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with tax research databases such as BNA and RIA Proficient in all tax compliance process software including GoFileRoom, GoSystemRS, Caseware, BNA Depreciation Software, or comparable programs and standard tax work papers
Click below to browse all current job openings or to submit a resume.